Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Public Service Announcement for friends at bars

I've come to the conclusion that I have a problem, which I've known I have, but I'm only publicly admitting to now: I have a tendency to bolt from bars if left alone for a significant amount of time. I don't really know why - well that's not right, I do...but it never seems rational after the fact. I don't know the root Freudian cause, but I get really self conscious and generally anxious if I'm alone in a bar. I don't know if it's that I don't want to be that guy in a bar alone. Large loud social situations have never been a favorite place for me, and perhaps combined with the juxtaposition of being in the midst of a whole bunch of people having fun, yet being alone there gets me uncomfortable. I've done it maybe three times this year, and it's not like people intend to walk off, it can even be for like a 10 minute smoke break, and I up and take off...often confusing/pissing off friends.
So, to any of you reading this (and I don't think anyone reading this has witnessed it, but maybe) I don't mean anything by it. It's something I need to work on.

2 Comments:

Blogger GiNO_LEE said...

polishdave i think everybody sorta does that. the best way around it that i can think of rite now is to go to the bar and get another drink. u'll spend like 5 mins waiting. and another 5 mins being served.

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i remember once you waited by yourself for more than a half hour for us at molly's. i still feel bad. you're a good man polish dave.

- rayho

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home