Saturday, December 25, 2004

Merry Christmas...again

Remember how yesterday I was mentioning resisting the urge to get an iPod? Well, it'll be a whole lot harder now...Katie (my girlfriend) and my roommate JP both got them for Christmas today. Maybe playing with theirs will scratch my consumer impulse...I'm bad like that. I'm convinced I got that trait of a taste for expensive toys from my dad (and maybe that Y chromosome we share). It doesn't seem to harm my dad very much, but on the other hand, he has disposable income that I lack.

Aside from the isolation, Christmas was good to me...I opened my gifts that my folks Purolated to me while on the phone with them. I recieved a Lonely Planet guide book to Europe on a budget, a lava lamp (Dad said it was a joke gift, but I didn't get it since I've always sort of wanted one), a GAP gift certificate, and $500 for a ticket to Europe. I've got other stuff waiting at home, and I'll get that when I go home sometime soon.

I've decided that I'm going to try and sell my snowboard rig...while it is a great setup which I'd use tomorrow if I had the chance, I don't get to go boarding often, and I spoiled myself with the conditions during my trip out west with Evan a few years back. So if you know anyone in the market for a board and bindings, I'm asking $500 (cdn). Here are some pics if you want to check it out...it's pretty mint. Oh to live in Fernie...

Pic 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Katie called me from home this afternoon, which was really sweet of her, and a nice surprise. For Christmas alone, it wasn't bad at all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home