Saturday, January 29, 2005

Get your baseball bats ready...

I'm all for consumer freedom. I like that people can choose products that suit their needs (I'll get to why I italicized that in a moment) and in whatever colour they want. It's the people who think they ought to be able to buy whatever they want that I have a problem with. Minor extravagances like luxury cars and extra trim - sure, throw your money away.
But as soon as you want to buy something that in no way do you need, and has the real effect of harming other people or the environment, I get angry. I applaud those who will fight the introduction of the newest 'hip' vehicle, the International CXT. Apparently Ashton Kutcher has one (cementing his status as worlds biggest douchebag). So anyone who cares about the environment or is scared for their life because they don't do their morning commute in a tank (I guess you're out Ashton), pick up a baseball bat and do some cosmetic damage to one (but leave a note explainig why), or if you prefer the less fun but more civil route, write your local MP or MPP (congressperson for Yanks) and ask politely that these vehicles be banned.

UPDATE: While I haven't written my MP yet, I did submit this comment [link to screenshot] to International. I hope they have a snarky answer coming for me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Thanatos said...

I disagree! What if a mountain or large anti-armor weapon should pop up in the middle of the road during one's commute? What then? Where will you be with your puny, non-armored car?


That thing is fucking ugly.

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home