Thursday, February 17, 2005

Overdue update. I'm a techie now

I've been busy at work, and neglecting to update this page. I'm taking over the tech service desk, which is daunting, but flattering considering how new I am at the company. I've been collecting data recovery tools and utilities, as well as every flavour of boot disk to make my life easier. I'll post a good list of my essentials when I have the chance to play around a bit more with them. Knoppix 3.7 is definitely there - that and a 2.5" notebook harddrive enclosure for hooking up laptop HDs when the laptop won't start. Mine arrives by UPS any day now.

For those of you with xboxes, go here and get a free replacement xbox. Could save yourself from a housefire, and why not get Microsoft to courier you something on their dime?

Tip of the day: if you want better service in retail, brush your teeth.

1 Comments:

Blogger Thanatos said...

That's actually quite sneaky of MS. They're providing replacement power cords. However, all they do is swing your Xbox off if it starts to go. The console itself will still fail to work after it happens. Xbox-scene.com has more info.

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home