Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Weak democrats...fighting the wrong battles.

I've been following the recent uproar regarding the Grand Theft Auto San Andreas (PC version) scandal. For those of you who haven't, basically there's a patch that someone created for the game to add explicit sex scenes to the game, which is adult rated, and cannot be bought unless you are at least 17. Well, leave it to Hillary Clinton to get angry and start an inquiry into the game.
I'll admit, the GTA series is fairly violent, but a governmental inquiry? The US is at this moment engaged in brutal urban conflict on a flimsy mandate (and that's being generous) and all the most promising democrat can busy herself with is a videogame? Dissolve yourself Democrats, and let someone else step into the ring. For a great take on the videogame situation, read this.

On another note, I just finished watching another great documentary series, called "The Power of Nightmares" done by the BBC. It outlines a well reasoned case that the threat of terrorism is grossly overstated for the benefit of the rulers in the West. I recommend it to anyone interested in understanding the stakes of the 'War on Terrorism'. See this link here for a dialogue with the writer, and here for the CBC's site for the series.

2 Comments:

Blogger ExpatDemocrat said...

Dave
Thanks for visiting my blog. Appreciate it

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Katie said...

Hey Dave, and anyone else reading this. I've always said I was going to leave a random response on Dave's blog, and I'm just now finally going to do it.
As Dave's girlfriend I get to hear him rant about this type of stuff all the time. I'm just surprised that he doesn't ever touch on the REAL matters at hand! People should know that Dave is friggin awesome in bed! No seriously. He SOUNDS all crazy and serious on his blog...but get this guy in the sack and WOW!
He's also pretty shy so I don't know how he'll react to this post...I may be getting myself into some trouble. I love you Dave!

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home